Pages

In the field...

In the field...
Our Family awaiting baby #4

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Removing our "Rose-Colored Glasses"

Do you remember that country song "Rose-Colored Glasses" from the 80's?   I do because my parents took me to Austin's Erwin center as a teen and I heard John Connally sing this in person...and I didn't forget it.  But I'll come back to this...

I have to tell you that I am QUITE excited to write this post, but I'm a little anxious as well.  You see, I originally started this blog with the hopes of posting weekly thoughts and experiences of living the daily life of a Christian mother of 4 little ones...but then life got in the way.  In good ways and in bad ways too. 

This is understandable I know, but I still have SO many things on my mind that I want to share.  I think of topics while I commute to work.  Then I kick myself because when the sun goes down and the kids are finally asleep, I don't even have time to shower, much less post on these topics . 

But I am determined to make an effort to start putting some of these thoughts down... slowly...even if I just add small bits here and there (when I can). 

So here we go...

I am very inquisitive person.

 In our endless "informational age", in looking for one answer I sometimes stumble upon other information that (at least I think) every parent and grandparent deserves to know. 

I also have faith in God and His purpose.


Mix these statements all together and what do you get?


A realization that I (and my beloved husband) have removed our "Rose-Colored Glasses" when it comes to raising children in our modern society today.

So you might ask, what topics have you questioned along the way? 

WELL, these are just few...

      • MODERN CHILDBIRTH VS. NATURAL CHILDBIRTH - Which is more Godly? I've touched on this a bit in my previous posts.
      • VACCINES - To Vax or not to Vax? This is a BIG topic, but one that I have become quite passionate about.  Lots of controversy here, but it's worth at least sharing my shocking discoveries...
      • BREASTFEEDING - At least it is making a come back =)
      • CO-SLEEPING or SOLITARY SLEEPING?  Hmmmm...
      • DIET/EATING HABITS - Is it even possible to live preservative free? 
      • JUST WHY ARE OUR KIDS SO SICK ANYWAY?  - Why our "modern" world has lost its way when it comes to raising "healthy" kids. 
These are some of the bigger topics that are always on my mind...but there are plenty more where these came from. 

As I've mentioned before, I constantly ask myself "Is this really what God intended for us"?  How were we created and how FAR have we strayed from HIS perfect blue-print?

This is all I have time for right now...

But I will tell you that I DO plan on tackling the topic that I am MOST passionate about first.  The one that originally convinced me to rip off my "Rose-Colored Glasses", even though I had zero intentions of doing so.

Until then...
 
  God Bless =)   

No comments:

Post a Comment